Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » The New Monster Hog

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:57 am 

Doc the gold we will be after is -100 mesh and smaller is the recovery rate for the finer gold and float gold as high as99% with the monster hog. Will the champion pump work with a 2.5 inch dredge on the monster? Do you run the champion pump at full throttle? Is the matting configuration you send with the monster hog the same for any type of material or do you customize it per order, the material we are running is lowe clay river bottom (south platte river north of denver)? Thanks I am planning on ordering the monster hog in the next few days

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:57 am 
Site Admin

If you plan on dredging, go with the Viper. It's designed to be run with 2.5" dredge.
The Monster really is not good for dredging. requires too much gph and is large.
Then go with the Northstar 2" high pressure pump. You need PSI not gph.
If you want a mat config made special we can do that, just email us at the website right before you order.
Watch this video but go to 13:20 in the video.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:53 am 

Something you don't see often enough is the owner of a company talking a customer into spending 500 dollars less on their product just to be better suited to the customers needs! Doc you continue to impress me. Now I just need to get out and get enough gold to pay for the stuff I want to buy from ya E

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:00 pm 

Doc thanks for the fast response, the majority of the time we will be running as a highbanker and trying to move 5 to 8 tons per hour, the dredging would be more for a change of pace or fun. Do you think I need to change the mat configuration for the finer gold or is the standard u make the best set up. If I get the Northstar pump what throtle speed would I run at. I havent looked at the northstar pump does it come with the hose package like the champion.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:06 pm 

Shadowrider you nailed it Doc does run a one of a kind shop, america would be in a much better spot if other ceos ran there business in the same manor

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

I still think the Viper would suit you better.
The Monster Hog will put you in the grave pretty quickly.
I think the key is how much dirt can you DIG in one hour.
5 tons is about 250 buckets and that's a bucket dug and delivered to the unit every 15 seconds.
It takes a crew of about 8 to keep it running at its max.
3 people have a hard time keeping the Viper maxed out.
You can buy the NorthStar pump, use it for highbanking and dredging in the Viper.
No, it does not come with hose kits.
Doc

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:43 pm 

0oc I read the pdf on understanding your mats and from what I read your standard set would be a good start. We are going to use a small backhoe for moving and running the material. We have a few ideas on a feeder box, until we build the feeder boxb it will be loaded hy hand, I could use the exercise. With equipment to load the monster does that make a better set than the viper or is the viper still a better way to go

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:51 pm 
Site Admin

If you plan to move towards mechanical feed then yes, the monster is better.
We have artisan mines all over the world that use them, but they have about 10 guys running buckets and digging. When we run the Monster we now use a 3" semi trash pump and neck it down. That way you can run the pump at lower RPM. Less wear and gas. If you neck down at the pump, you can still run 2" hoses which saves money.

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:08 pm 

So the best set up for me would be a 3 inch northstar necked down to 2 inch hose

Post Posted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:42 pm 

Doc just placed the order for the monster hog thanks for your help im sure I will have some questions after the first few runs, have a good day thanks, Ed

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » The New Monster Hog