Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Prospecting Equipment Talk

Post subject: Multi sluice or piglet?
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 2:06 am 

Hi everybody,I am having a real hard time deciding on which one I should buy during docs sale.I only have the funds at the moment to get one or the other right now so I really like the multi sluice for its multiple uses such as using it in the field and at home for clean up of cons.I also like the mini high banker the piglet because it moves alot of material so I dont have to waste all that time classifying material but still capture that really fine ohio gold ànd I plan to run the piglet with an electric 3,700 to 4,000 gph pump and a small 12v 20ah battery so I can easily pack either unit very remotely.I do have a 3 stack gold cube that works just fine but I really like gold hog products to the point of maybe selling the gold cube.Anyway somebody help me in making a decision on which one right now before the cold sale ends.Thank You

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:07 pm 

Hey Bucky, wow, thats a hard question. All Gold Hog products are so good. Just my 2 cents worth. I have the multi-sluice, but also use the Viper Pro Flare. The multi-sluice is a great unit. It can be ran in the field as a primary unit even though it truely is the best as a super concentrator. Either way you wind up with about 1 cup of cons. I plan on using the multi-sluice in a re-circulating set-up in couple of weeks at an outing on a dry claim we have.
On the other hand, the piglet can be ran as a small dredge (but probably not with that pump) so it also is a duel purpose machine. With it, you will also only have about 1 cup of cons.
That battery will probably not last very long running a pump like that. I would just get the multi-sluice as it is ran with an 1100 GPH pump so the battery should last a long time. I use a marine battery (deep cycle) at home but it is a very heavy battery.

Proud to have served in The United States Marine Corps
There is no such thing as an EX-MARINE
LDMA
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #7 (SILVER)

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:31 pm 

Thanks war horse dredger for the reply.I have no doubt gold hog products are among the best if not the best in the industry,put it this way if i had known about gold hog products before buying a gold cube I would have then bought a multi sluice but too late on that,As far as battery goes i need a lighter smaller one for those hike in remote creeks and streams but only plan on using battery for very short periods of time,the marine deep cycle battery i have now is a 12v 225ah and weighs about 75-80lbs just too much to carry.I want to take advantage of the 10% off for the cold sale.I really like the idea of not classifying with the piglet to run more material and I do have the gold cube to run cons for now.Since nobody knows when the cold sale will end i have to make a decision quickly.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:50 pm 

My insanity got the best of me and docs cold fever sale didnt help matters..lol...so my decision was to purchase the multi sluice and sell my gold cube.Thank you doc I just put my order in and cant wait to get it.My next gold hog purchase will be the mini piglet unless I won it on yesterdays show.Ok shew im glad thats over now time for the waiting game.....Thanks again doc I cant get enough of your product videos.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:15 pm 

You will be happy with it. Just watch the videos on it as how to set it up and run it. Just remember, every location is different and the material ran is different. Watch the sluice and see how its working. Minor adjustments may be necessary but once you find that "sweet" set up it will get the gold. I catch stuff that I have to put on 2 pairs of glasses to see. One note. The pump is a 1100 GPH china pump, but most bilge pumps are made in china. They are cheap so buy a spare. It dont take much room and its better to have it and not need it than to hike somewhere and find you need it and not have it.

Proud to have served in The United States Marine Corps
There is no such thing as an EX-MARINE
LDMA
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #7 (SILVER)

Post Posted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:41 am 

yeah I am looking at a 1500gph 1/8" outlet and get 6 ft of bilge hose for backup,I already have another new 1100gph to use.I cant wait to have an excuse to go use it....

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Prospecting Equipment Talk