Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Prospecting Equipment Talk

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:24 pm 

we lucked out and were able to go mine for 7 days as the forest fire burned far far away. have got my boss to use gold hog matts at least in the second sluice. alas it is a 10 inch after the 12 inch keene carpet and riffles. as it was just he 86 and me 55 with out the younger help we usually hire off cooking for the fire, I was able to feed steady as liked and don't believe I choked all the spaced for the gold to stop and stay. and we seemed to do ok.

but my question is that after all this and will try to send some vidio but we were running pretty steep and keeping things cleaned out. but as the lower sluice was narrower the converging wqaves at the top of the lower stream sluice had the gold hog mats swept partly clean ( though their was some lite sediments to either side of the deep water V) ( mat was bedrock, talon bedrock bedrock talon bedrock) ne ver got a number of pea sized pebles like is said in tuning to the lower velosity bed rock matts but almost got some inch sized rocks stopping on the flatter lower mat. but by the end of the trip I was lost about the effect of water depth remembering how low in the multi sluice follows thew surface of the mat and sorta plucks out sediment while deep water can it be too deep?

over the days we gradually made the sluices in the high banker flatter and at the end I ran the hopper flat or even negitive so the dirt and rocks could wash longer....ie till I came back and scraped the rocks out with out water and dirt going out the back end but when we dug it out was still shocked at how much dirt was in the rock pile.

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Prospecting Equipment Talk