Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Talk

Post subject: Where is everybody ??
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:48 am 

Is it my imagination, or is the forum lacking in participation. There used to be 3 times as many posts/responses when I was on before (2014) Most of the posts/sub-posts are from last year to months old with no new comments...just wondering :roll:

"Be a simple man, be somethin you love and understand" Lynyrd Skynyrd

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:05 am 

Ya it has been real quite , Im sorry I haven't been more active this whole year I have had prior obligations, but on a good fun note I finally went out and found gold both saturday and sunday

WAR HORSE DREDGER # 3

Post Posted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:33 pm 

Hey Ray...was that you on one of Docs videos in Alaska diggin on the black sand beach? I think you guys were runnin a highbanker

"Be a simple man, be somethin you love and understand" Lynyrd Skynyrd

Post Posted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:14 pm 

I would suggest checking out the Treasurenet forums.

The Gold Prospecting forum is much more active. Honestly I think Doc even posts there more often then here.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/gold-prospecting/

Post Posted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:02 am 

Activity has gone from this site to facebook.
Kudos to Rayzer for all his cool postings of videos and buttons-Love that stuff.
Kind of disappointing when you can't join.
I guess Doc thinks he'll increase his market share by using facebook more instead of his site and he might be right so I can't blame him for trying it.
I think his site (goldhog.com) is becoming more product/sales document type stuff-learning vids. A reference site.
Where day to day is now facebook.

Facebook issues:

Due to my military contract I can't join facebook-ever.
I really don't care for facebook just when I go to see other people's sites.
Reminds me of myspace a lot. A great big compilation of data-a garbage dump which is excellent for US and other countries to spy on you. Snowden made it completely clear that facebook was the #1 go to site to track/find someone really quick. Next, was your cell phone. Then it was google. Then it was the IRS. Then finally, icloud for mac and windows. One of the reasons I run
only linux and unix boxes in my house. Even my smart TV has been converted to an encrypted linux kernel.

It's getting a little scary out there-kind of kgb-ish in America now. Gov't will claim it is for security purposes, but in reality you're losing privacy of any type slowly-know who you're voting for.

Last 2 paragraphs are just my opinion on this move to facebook.
Even the radio show using goldprospectorsspace-I couldn't tune into it. Wasn't linux friendly coded.
I tried mozilla firefox and it froze-needed adobe flash. Refuse to install that as it is a malware/spyware carrier.

So, yes, less traffic here at goldhog but more elsewhere. Try the facebook page is the bottom line.

Doc-Any comment on this move to facebook? I'm not trying to answer for you, but some of us here can't join due to legal contracts of privacy rights. Personally, I really don't care-I'm fine with what you post on youtube and your site. Great material.
Perhaps this post is a little too much??? If so, I don't mean any offense of any type here. Just showing one users perspective of issues which in the grand scheme of life, isn't that big of a deal.

I might be at georgia gold and gem grubbin this coming Monday 11/21. Driving to Florida for vacation. Doc you gonna be there by any chance?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:49 am 

Ya folks get busy. I ve got a couple little ones now and spent a bit of time out hunting this fall. I'll be back at the mine next month I think

Post Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:23 pm 

I can not go to my creek, Because it is hunting season here in Alabama. If I find a place that has Gold other than that creek. I will be on it.
Gold is where it is at.;

Post Posted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:37 am 

au007, i kinda wondered that too, i didn't think of the FB angle.

WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #4 (BRONZE)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:21 am 

I've been busy working on my house for the past 7 months. New exterior trim, paint, light fixtures, interior paint, popcorn ceiling removal and retexture.............too busy to do any mining. :cry: . Hopefully I will get out soon.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:07 am 

I was out of the country for a while and now that I am back, I am letting my body heal for a while. Other problem I have is that most of my dig sites are under a foot of snow right now.

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Talk