Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Talk

Post Posted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:58 am 
Site Admin

Thanks Joe.........
Normally I would claim all the credit... :)
but I have great people that care and it makes all the difference.
Make SURE... you try the new reduction plug method.
It's tough to level with the VERY low water flow but I'm still blow away by the 100 - 300 mesh
stripping action. You'll be re-running old dirt once you see it work.
It's very cool.
Doc

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:58 pm 

Thanks Doc for the video .And yes I did cut down my scrubber down quite some time ago ,as the red clay we deal with in Arizona was plugging it up no matter how I set up .It worked great after that.Here in Ca. were I am now with mostly sand I am using two UR under the header with 1/2 inch expanded over it with a reverse riffle ,then a scrubber that has not been cut down .The gold here is so flat it is hard just too pan as most of the time it is lighter than the black sands .Ran it yesterday as fast as i could add the dirt .Four buckets .Then ran the same stuff over again but much slower and I only go one small speck from it .90% of the gold is being caught in the first three mats.Just built this highbanker to use as a recirc system.So the way I see it ,if I am getting this gold I will have no problem in Arizona and much heavier gold.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:49 am 

oe thing I didn't see is what about deep fast water is it still inactive in rhge mats? the illistration from the stream photo deep was a flat water section but in the new highbanker I an working on I go from 12 to 9 inch wide and was going to cut tow layers of conveyer mat so their is as you described yoiur early developement of mats as providing drop spots insteed of riffles that throw the materal back up into the suspended load. also the cut slots will verry from rectangler deeper than wide to just as deep but three times wider I look feorward to saeeing what this does ... almost winter but still hoping to get out and maybe find enough to buy gold hog mats for at least the second section of 5 right now the hog mats are in position 4 of 5. hope ypou all had a suscedsfull year

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Talk