Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » What Mats Should I Use?

Post subject: update my excavator mats
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:04 pm 

I bought an older excavator that was used n Alaska, then carted to Arizona
Swift water on YouTube bought , and I got it from him. It comes with the extension
I am working a wash hat with winter rains is running. It has only fine gold and has silt. and gravel with a nice assortment of rocks. I as to update some of the original mats to hopefully capture more gold. I am using a champion 2" pump 158 gph at just off idle. Appreciate any help

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:13 am 

this was a great unit as it was built I would suggest trying to just fine tune you water and slurry combination to the original setting and run a few yards of dirt you will be surprised :shock: if there is gold you will catch it ;)

WAR HORSE DREDGER # 3

Post Posted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:52 pm 

Sunshine,

Ray is certainly right.

Carefully set up the equipment, using precise angles (Remember that your eye isn't a precise tool :o ), and you should do really (!) well.

Hit those Excavator utube videos a bit to get the specs for set-up and you should only have to do the slightest fine tuning (if at all).

All the best!

Joe

WAR HORSE DREDGER
- Member #5 (GOLD)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:22 am 

I have watched those videos several times, and only Doc says anything about angles. Most used phrase is "tuning it in.how?? I adjust my angle by the material I am running so the material doesn't pile up on the mats. The main sluice is rather steep and the second I flatten out to the point where material doesn't pile up either. When I talk Gold Hog at my mining club eyes glaze over as they have no idea what I'm talking about. Steel and rugs, or some new mat with circles on it. I catch lots of black sand, some gold, and very little chafe. I idle my 2" champion pump to run it, and sometimes speed it up a little. On those youtubes again. All are setup with no mention of adjustments, material being dumped in, and a pan with whatever they captured. As #5 is alive said in the movie I need more input.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:26 pm 

Hey Doc, how about giving this gal some info here. We need more ladyfolks on here. At least I hope sunshine girl is a girl. :-)

WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #2 (GOLD)

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:24 pm 

Most certainly be am. Here is my delima. In the early hog videos the machines are run steep, and the new viper goes mellow on the extension. Unless I missed it I don't see any mention of what mats are being used and in what order
I catch gold that is small flakes to is hat gold there size, like super small. I have checked my tailings and once in a while a piece
. My extension has mats on the end that don't see listed. All. Want to do is squeeze every drop of gold I shovel in to be captured

Post Posted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:02 pm 

sunshine girl,
What you might have for a mat that you don't see listed is the original bedrock mat. Doc came out with this mat back in 2013 i believe and within a short time 6 months or so ended its production. He replaced this mat with an updated and improved version bedrock 2.0 This is the only mat i'm aware of that once was offered, and is no longer.

I bought a mini excavator in June 2012 from Doc right after he started production. There's been a lot of updated versions since 2012. And now totally remodeled version the Piglet.

What you have is a awesome unit, with the extension you can pound dirt in it as hard and fast as you want to shovel. I never bought the extension section, i didn't think it was needed. I live in Iowa and most of my gold is mosquito poop size, running my unit at 9 degrees i seemed to capture most of my gold in the top 2/3's of the mat.

Attachments:
File comment: Original Bedrock mat
20170209_190626.jpg
20170209_190626.jpg [ 42.16 KiB | Viewed 4834 times ]
File comment: Original Bedrock mat
20170209_190558.jpg
20170209_190558.jpg [ 45.27 KiB | Viewed 4834 times ]

WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #4 (BRONZE)

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » What Mats Should I Use?