Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Testing Forum

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:34 am 
Site Admin

A point I wanted to stress after a bunch of testing runs this week.......... We'll also be doing more next week. The washer mat really isn't a "sluice mat". It's not a "total capture" matting.
It's a CLEANING / stripping matting designed to help in final cleaning of gold from cons and super cons. If you run it too slow... you have incremental processing kick in and gold will ride down you sluice due to areas being full. So, its VERY important to run the mat TOO HOT when you first start.

Like I say with all out mats... run them TOO HOT... WAY TOO HOT to start with and them tone them down little by little until you have them tuned to your liking.

My goal with this matting was to get rid of the MADNESS......... of constant / multiple steps of classification. (As much as possible.) At the same time pull out the MAJORITY of the gold within minutes. Not hours and hours watching a slow system.

Most people should start with 1/4" classification.... 11 - 12 degree pitch.... and 100 gallons per inch gph. Then take other steps from there based on your own material and gold.

Find your OWN sweet spot.

Today's run.
1/8" screening due to tailings dumping into gold cube.
11.5 degree pitch.
100 gallons per hour / per inch.
Over 98% capture.

Attachment:
ttttttttt.jpg
ttttttttt.jpg [ 764.54 KiB | Viewed 2039 times ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Testing Forum