Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Viper Highbanker

Post subject: Drew a Crowd Today
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:02 pm 

I received my Viper a couple months ago. Today we where on our claim when two different guys walked down to watch the three of us working our rears off. We ran 68 buckets giving us our best day so far.

As we started our final clean up one of the guys had his head down looking at the matting while at the same time talking very loud every time he spotted a picker. Just as Ken had the mat rolled up he offered to buy our Gold Hog Viper....of course we said no but told him how to get one.

While washing out the mats for the 6th time today another guy who walked down offered to buy all our equipment, again answer was no.

On the way home I told the guys maybe we should be in the equipment selling business as the inside of the cab got very quiet... few seconds later all at once Ken and Mike said no.

So I guess my wife was right when she said to us ...when you guys where little boys you played in the dirt and now at 65,65 & 68 we are back playing in the dirt have made full circle....

Just another day on the claim....guess people can't read to well out here in Northern California....
signs ( mining operation..No trespassing ) all in big red letters.

Post subject: Re: Drew a Crowd Today
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:21 am 

It sounds as if you and your friends had a great day. I hope you will post some pics of the gold later. In reading your post I was surprised that you would do 6 clean outs for 68 buckets. Or were these front end loader buckets?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:22 am 

Stick in the mud time.
I've read this a couple of times now and yeah it sounds like you guys had a great day, I'm happy for you, I love to hear about folks finding gold. But that last line gets me every time I read this: It is my understanding that a federal mining claim on public land doesn't make it private property and the claim owner has no right to keep others off? Please do correct me if I'm wrong in the way I'm understanding this but everyone has the right to enjoy all public lands for all the lands uses. Now if they are digging your yellow well then by all means give em the boot or better yet call the authorities but hikers, fishermen, kids playing in the stream and even campers all have the same rights as we do to enjoy all of Americas public lands!

I get tired and upset trying to explain to my kids why certain parts of our blm and forest lands are being blocked off from us by our government. We as Americans own this land and its our job to take care of it while we enjoy it alone and with others. E

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:01 am 

Shadow rider.. I was just talking to a guy I know that is in the Alaska state mineing department about a mine claims yesterday and he said the same thing you just said more than once,, Yes I cane stake a claim on state lands, but no I cant tell the general public to leave!! only if they are looking for gold on your claim

WAR HORSE DREDGER # 3

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:24 am 

Gentlemen our claim land is land locked by 3 separate owners. They own miles of sections of land around our claim. The gate at the top of the hill that has 3 locks sits on one of the land owners property, at the bottom of the hill is another land owners property you have to cross, then through another's land.

It took us over 6 months to get the approval of all the land owners for us to be able to get to our small piece of USFS ground our claim sits on. With out the permission of just one of the land owners we would not be able to work on the USFS ground.

Starting at the gate there are signs the private land owners have posted that say Private Property keep out. The signs on our claim where there we we picked up our claim.

No one has the right to cross private land with out permission of the land owners. I agree on government land. unless you have a helicopter you can't get to our claim with out seeking permission from the private land owners.

Sorry I did not come on this site to start any problems. We are just 3 old guys that gave up fishing for playing in the dirt.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Mtmanstan..
Next time take some pics or video.
Would love to see it running and the gold.
Doc

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:49 pm 

Doc....I have a video camera I just keep forgetting it,,If it's not raining Sunday I will try and remember to charge the battery and take it.

Joe

Thank you for the advise on the signs, we will take a ladder and get them down.

Here are a few pictures when we 1st received the Viper and our first clean our results. Will not be long at this rate before we call the Brinks Truck.

1st picture is Ken picking up the Gold out of a pan

2nd picture is the gold in our bottle against my blue shirt.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:29 pm 

No I wasn't trying to start anything either, BTW. Yours is a special case and I agree "they" the general public have no right to cross private land.
My only point was that having a mineral claim on a piece of land doesn't make it private, contrary to what many think. Myself and my kids have been threatened, albeit mildly about being on someone's claim even just walking through. I wasn't knocking you and I probably came across a bit defensive having to deal with this often out here. Carry on playing in the dirt its one of the better ways to spend time! E

Post Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:38 pm 

nice looking gold

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Viper Highbanker