Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Viper Highbanker

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:59 pm 

As Doc does more and more testing the mat configuration may change somewhat in the various units. He is constantly trying different combinations to see which catches the gold the best.
I use my Viper pf set up as a 2 1/2 inch dredge mostly. When hi banking it can wear out 4 or 5 people trying to keep it fed.
The Viper and Viper Pro Flare has been sorta incorporated into a variation of the monster hog which in turn has been incorporated into the super hog. As you can see, there were just too many individual units. The raptor is just a smaller version. Works on the same principles, just scaled down to a size that one or two people can transport, set up and run very easy.
I had the honor of meeting Doc and helping him run the raptor in Georgia. (going back in March of 2017) There were 5 or 6 of us filling buckets and carrying them and this unit could process the material about as fast as we could carry it.

Proud to have served in The United States Marine Corps
There is no such thing as an EX-MARINE
LDMA
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #7 (SILVER)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:59 pm 

Thank you again and you made me jealous now. Actually, I'm an old fart 66 years young but a little banged up by an old parachute fubar. I got interested in this hobby and was researching the mother load area here in Ca. I found Gold Hog and now am the proud owner of a multi-sluice and a Hog Pan. The Hog Pan in this "Hands and Pan only" will be my large pan and take home the cons, to use the Multi-sluice ;) on. The chance to go to Nome got me to thinking about the Raptor as I could swing that. Thank you very much and enjoy your visit with DOC. Daniel O. Connolly (doc LOL)

Post Posted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:51 pm 

LOL @ the doc. The multi sluice is another great thing. I am headed to Western New Mexico to sample a claim for sale the day after Christmas. Will be taking the multi sluice and using a re-circulating system for water as it is a dry claim. Take care and keep us posted if you go to Nome. Its on my bucket list ( I got a big bucket)

Proud to have served in The United States Marine Corps
There is no such thing as an EX-MARINE
LDMA
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #7 (SILVER)

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:30 am 

griffinsaic wrote:
Pure Country, thanks for the input. I figured out the GPH specs once I really sat down to think about it.

So, 2 1/2" is the max recommended dredge for a Viper Pro Flare? Has anyone pushed it up to 3"?

I started running mine as a 3" dredge right before the ground froze and the creek froze over so I got 4 couple hour trips on mine and got most of the kinks worked out as I had never ran a high banker as a dredge. 3" moves a bunch of material but the Viper Pro Flare eats it with ease! I cant wait until everything thaws out so I can get back out there and move more material. I took some videos and will try to get them posted this winter once I get on my Laptop again.

WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #6 (BRONZE)

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Viper Highbanker