Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings

Post Posted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:34 pm 

I am forwarding this info just to let some fellow prospecting buddies know what is going on next month (February) - thru the Round Rock, Texas Chapter of the GPAA. I am planning on going and taking the Gold Hog Stackable unit with a 3200GPH Sump Pump and a Generator to run the Gold Hog unit in Re-Circulating Mode. This will be my first desert prospecting trip and am really looking forward to the learning experience. We will be prospecting on a claim in Stanton Arizona - February 2nd thru 6th 2015 - and some details are below. If interested in joining us please contact Nick Garza @ ngarza78727@yahoo.com <ngarza78727@yahoo.com>;
Here is a video of my unit in Re-Circulating Mode - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uky1Ayf ... pTCnGzs_lg

Greetings and Happy New Year,

If you’ve received this email it’s because you are hopefully going on the Arizona trip this February! The list of participants seems to grow daily! I did have a couple of withdrawals but so far everyone seems to be still going. That’s great! I did go to the doctor and I’m gonna be fine so we are all a go. This is the list of participants that I have so far:

Jim Shannon
Terry Lippert
Bob Johnson
Dennis Gans
Mike Davis
Gary Whited
Hope Matson
Guy McDonald
Joe Wagner
Brett Rowley
Tommy Beard
Harold Maloy
Roy Carden

So far that’s 14 people. I reserved 7 rooms at the Best Western Rancho Grande. 2 people are camping that I know of, Jim Shannon and Joe Wagner. Jim is going to be at the Stanton LDMA camp and Joe is camping on BLM land near some of the claims. Hope Matson has already reserved herself a room at the Best Western. If you haven’t already reserved your room you might want to do so because that Sunday night is Superbowl in Phoenix. I know of one hotel in Wickenburg, the Quality Inn/aka Wickenburg Inn, that plans on charging $350 for Sunday night. I contacted the Super 8 motel (928)684-0808, and they have rooms available for Sunday night for $100 and $89 the rest of the days. They also offer a weekly rate of $445.83 which actually is a few dollars cheaper that way. I haven’t reserved any of their rooms I’m just letting you all know there are other rooms available right now. There is also the Sierra Vista hotel in Congress, AZ (928) 427-6330.. I just spoke with Cindy and they have 4 rooms (they only have 4 rooms) available with 2 Queen beds each for $55 for one person, $60/2ppl, and $65/3ppl. She also has a small apt she rents for $40/night as well as a trailer with 2 beds for $40/night.

As for driving arrangements what I have so far is that Guy McDonald is riding with me and Hope is riding with Harold. Everyone else is driving themselves. I do know Dennis Gans was optional on driving or riding with someone and splitting a room with someone. If someone wants to ride or drive and split costs with him let us know. I had initially said I would like to caravan there but since we have people coming from all over the state maybe a better option would be to meet somewhere in El Paso Saturday night and head out as a group from there the next morning. I haven’t checking into hotels in El Paso but I’m pretty sure we can find accommodations for one night there. I don’t feel safe or comfortable with saying as a group lets drive it straight through, but if you are by yourself or have a driving partner and feel comfortable driving through and want to just meet up in Wickenburg then that’s on you. Harold Maloy from San Angelo also mentioned he had a double cab pickup and could possibly take even 2 more people.

Also I wanted to remind everyone that this is a pay to dig adventure. The fee for the dig is 3days for $100 and 5 for $150. I’m not making anything off this. Every cent will go to the outfitter Mel. These are his claims and he runs a gold prospecting adventure business called Frontiergoldprospecting.com. Next time I plan something like this we’ll be totally on our own and prospect strictly GPAA claims. I just know that the really good claim the GPAA had called the Lucky Linda where the tongue nugget was found they don’t have anymore. They let it go. It was reclaimed by various prospecting clubs in the area. We will have access to parts of the old Lucky Linda claim through Mel.
I want to remind everyone again that this is a desert environment and there are lots of cactus as well as gulches and hills and loose rocks. Wear good shoes and jeans with long sleeve shirts. I usually wear two shirts, long sleeve tshirt under a short sleeve shirt. It’s a little chilly in the mornings.

If you have any questions please email them to me. I’d prefer to communicate by email if possible. It helps me keep a better track of things and I don’t answer my phone much do to sales calls. If you do need to call me you can call me at (512)491-6198 hm or (512)289-1627 cell. If I don’t answer, which I usually don’t unless I know you’re number, leave me a message. Again I’m doing my best to make this fun adventure happen. Thanks

Sincerely,
Nick Garza
President
Round Rock Chapter of the GPAA

Please Visit My Online Store for Unique Gold Prospecting and Metal Detecting Merchandise.
http://zazzle.com/Big1011Guy*

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings