Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 3:17 pm 

My wife and I have a couple weeks off work and she wants to drive down towards the Califonia coast ( we live near Vancouver,B.C.) and I'm wanting to find out if any one can help me out with some direction towards anything gold pan/prospect related that we can do ?
Here we have a few spots where any one can stop and dip a pan, and the occasional group outing. Any spots for public panning, prospecting shows or even great shops I should be aware of.
Our lifestyle doesn't allow many family road trips, and never having driven the coast through Oregon and California, I am wanting to make the most of it.
I think I'll have only so much patients for outlet centers and department stores, I will need an escape and turning to some of you like minded folks for any ideas.

Post Posted: Wed May 07, 2014 5:11 pm 

Lots of info here for Oregon. Be sure to explore the whole site. Maybe join and ask questions. http://www.oregongoldhunters.com/index.php.
Also drop by most any prospecting supply store anywhere in Wash., Ore., and Calif. and they can inform you of nearby U.S. Forest Service and U.S. BLM spots which are open to all for recreational panning and/or sluicing. About the only fee you may incur is for day use parking. All of the ocean beaches contain some gold but some have special restrictions. Enjoy the vacation.

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings