Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings

Post Posted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:25 pm 

Due to a price increase at G&G, over half of those coming have cancelled, and I am sure more will. There are several of us going to Alabama Gold Camp instead,
http://www.alabamagoldcamp.com/
anyone wishing to come, please do.
Camping Rates
Primitive camping:
$5.00 per night/person (including bathouses) 17 and under free.
Full hook-up camping:
30 AMP Site $25.00 per night
50 AMP Site $30.00 per night
Camp 6 nights and get the 7th night free
Visitor passes $5.00 per day per person, children 11 & under free with adults

Visitor pass on all memberships includes admission, panning, sluicing, and metal detecting
Additional Prospecting Rates When Using Your Own Equipment
2" dredge $15 per day
3" dredge $20 per day
4" dredge $25 per day
5" dredge $40 per day
6" dredge $60 per day (max size)

High-banking:
up to 1.5" $15 per day
2" - 2.5" $20 per day
3" $25 per day (max size)

Proud to have served in The United States Marine Corps
There is no such thing as an EX-MARINE
LDMA
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #7 (SILVER)

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:49 pm 

Don't forget if you're a GPAA/LDMA member, you get a 10% discount on mining and camping only. No discount on cabin rentals. Just remember to tell them when you check in and pay your mining/camping fees. Paul

LDMA/GPAA, President -- NW GA Chapter GPAA, Buchanan, GA

Live long and Prospect!

Remember: Without tools, we're just animals with pants.

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

Here is my suggestion...
If you have been to GNG, and are now considering not going there, or had planned on going and now not going, write a very nice and polite email expressing the fact that you will no longer be going due to the cost increases.
Just not going and them thinking "wow the economy must be bad" doesn't do any good. However, if they get 20 emails that express the loss of business due to price increases... I think that will open up the debate internally to reversing their decision.
I have no "dog in this fight" but I do feel that customer to business communication is critical.
Lost revenues are tracked by big businesses and they figure out why.
Smaller businesses simply end up closing and blame someone else.
I've seen it a hundred times.
A lot of us really love GNG and would hate to see that happen.
My two cents.

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:37 pm 

Hey Doc, I emailed GNG when I first noticed the price increase last week and asked them what the price for a 1 1/2" dredge nozzle would be since it wasn't listed in the new price list and to express my disappointment in them raising prices at this time. I still haven't received a response from anyone representing GNG. You might let whoever owns the property know that their employees are really the problem by not communicating with potential customers - there might be a valid reason for raising the prices but a business that has employees that do not take care of customers needs will eventually go under. I am going to Alabama Gold Camp and will proudly let everyone know how great Gold Hog Products are - just hope GNG gets their act together soon - before it is too late.
Big1011Guy

Please Visit My Online Store for Unique Gold Prospecting and Metal Detecting Merchandise.
http://zazzle.com/Big1011Guy*

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 7:39 pm 

^^^^ Great suggestion Doc, I think if everyone that had planned to go sent them a nice polite email explaining that they just plain cant afford the price increase and will be going else where as a result it should get their attention. I know if I received 40 to 50 emails and totaled the losses from them I would take a hard look at what I was losing instead of what I might or might not gain from a price increase! E

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:59 pm 

Location: winter;East Texas/Summer;comming soon to your playground
Big1011Guy wrote:
Hey Doc, I emailed GNG when I first noticed the price increase last week and asked them what the price for a 1 1/2" dredge nozzle would be since it wasn't listed in the new price list and to express my disappointment in them raising prices at this time. I still haven't received a response from anyone representing GNG. You might let whoever owns the property know that their employees are really the problem by not communicating with potential customers - there might be a valid reason for raising the prices but a business that has employees that do not take care of customers needs will eventually go under. I am going to Alabama Gold Camp and will proudly let everyone know how great Gold Hog Products are - just hope GNG gets their act together soon - before it is too late.
Big1011Guy

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong but the last time I walked through their doors, they were a small family run business. I personally can't perceive a communication breakdown from the left to the right hand. Any complaints made should be received by the owner themselves. Nothing can be accomplished here without the proper communication.----K Rose

Post Posted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:41 pm 

Soooooo, what are the prices at the Alabama gold camp?
Proverbs

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:19 am 

They are listed above in the first post of this thread.

LDMA/GPAA, President -- NW GA Chapter GPAA, Buchanan, GA

Live long and Prospect!

Remember: Without tools, we're just animals with pants.

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:14 am 

Opps, sorry about that, I scanned over it thinking it was just a repost of GNG's prices.
Well, that's quite a bit less.
One question though: the highbanker prices are listed as if used with a suction hose. Does that mean they don't have "loads" of dirt that you can purchase to shovel through your highbanker?
Proverbs

Post Posted: Tue May 06, 2014 9:15 am 

Proverbs wrote:
Opps, sorry about that, I scanned over it thinking it was just a repost of GNG's prices.
Well, that's quite a bit less.
One question though: the highbanker prices are listed as if used with a suction hose. Does that mean they don't have "loads" of dirt that you can purchase to shovel through your highbanker?
Proverbs

They rate the price on the highbanker by the size of it's suction hose the bigger the hose the more water run thru highbanker and more dirt a person will probably run. Jeff (owner) places loads of dirt on the banks for people to shovel - price for this dirt is included in the fee of your highbanker. You can setup your highbanker by the piles so you don't have to carry buckets of dirt a long way.
Big1011Guy

Please Visit My Online Store for Unique Gold Prospecting and Metal Detecting Merchandise.
http://zazzle.com/Big1011Guy*

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings