Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:42 pm 

Krose how do you like the gpoc claims

Post Posted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:54 pm 

Hi K Rose,
We like the low key atmosphere of GPOR, everyone was very friendly and willing to talk to us and share. They average about 2 outings a month to different places as well as helping local municipalities with clean up in the rivers and streams in different areas.

They are very active with the local governments and helped Wheatridge form the regulations for prospectors in that city.

They seem to be very well run, and I didn't see any political rubbing like I did when we went down to the springs for a GPOC meeting earlier this month. (I don't know much about GPOC, just the one visit to base it on)

The GPOR doesn't have any claims of their own at the moment, BUT they have access to many claims and know all of the local places that produce good gold. They appear to be above bar in everything that they are doing, that I can tell.

Here is the link to their website:
http://www.lornet.com/prospector/index.html

I hope that helps you out!
K

Post Posted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:30 am 

Location: winter;East Texas/Summer;comming soon to your playground
Thanks Kpro ,I will check it out. I didn't get to all the GPOC claims DJ, but the ones I did go to were allright.,I think I did better at Point Bar. I did wind up with a few little pickers at the GPOC claim that is right above Point Bar, But I really wasn't there long enough to give you a true evaluation.----K Rose

Post Posted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:11 pm 

KProCo; so how many claims do you have access to with the GPOR that you can go out on anytime that you want to go? Also, how many of them have you been to? The website doesn't disclose this information. The membership fees are reasonable enough if there is good access. Thanks----K Rose

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:53 pm 

K Rose,
I just recently joined myself, I talked with a few people there and they mentioned about the claims. So I don't have a real good answer for you. I haven't been to any of the claims they have access to yet. I'll post something when I do.
I do know they have one in Boulder they have access to as well as one in Nederland, both of which are on the schedule for a group outing. During the next meeting I'll talk with someone more in depth about claims and how they work.
KProCO

Post Posted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:03 pm 

Thanks KProCo, I appreciate you and look forward to future dialogue. Maybe in the future we'll start a new thread under gold prospecting talk about the different prospecting clubs and what they have to offer. As we travel from state to state, we have and plan to continue to join and support the local clubs of the regions we go to from summer to summer.----K Rose

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:22 pm 

K Rose,
It looks like the places they have access to they use for their outings at the moment. There are no claims to freely go to anytime the club members want.

Here is a sample of a couple of outings they have scheduled to some claims and local services

May 24 Sat Prospecting Outing, in Nederland, Glass Cleanup Contest, 9am-5pm, in City Limits.
Jun 7 Sat Prospecting Outing, Lake Gulch, Blackhawk, 9am (Clay County Mine). This is a dry claim.
Aug 23 Sat Prospecting Outing, Lake Gulch, Blackhawk, 9am. (Clay County Mine). This is a dry claim.

They also go to different festivals with different demos to promote prospecting.

KProCO

Post Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:28 pm 

Thanks----K Rose

Post Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:18 am 

hey DJ, just wondering if you got to make your trip to the Derry Ranch. I hear the water is really up right now in Colorado. Hope to make it myself sometime this summer.----K Rose

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Prospecting Outings