Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Introduce Yourself

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next
 Post subject: Re: Introductions...
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:53 pm 

Joe from ... erm ... Peachland, BC. Placer mining operations in the Cariboo region, near Wells/Barkerville and Quesnel. Machine-assisted permits for some claims, but prefer keeping it low key. I've just purchased a Gold Hog Raptor to assist with the exploration of some of my newly acquired claims. I need a high degree of equipment portability to get around the rugged mountains in my area, so I'm hoping my new sluice will be key to probing the nether regions of my claims.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:03 am 

hey all on my quest for looking for the hog pan I found this forum.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 2:44 pm 

Stan here: Southwest Wyoming. Green River area. Just recently purchased and received delivery of a new Hog Pan and Multi-Sluice. Joined the Wyoming Prospectors Association. Claims I am able to prospect on are in the South Pass and Atlantic City Gold mining districts. I should be able to get some good Gold out of them. My plan is to take my Hog Pan and collect Concentrates, bring them home and get my gold out with the Multi-Sluice. Of course taking a test pan with me to make sure I am bringing some home. Doing some camping and fishing in the process also will be a +. :D Been snowing here this week. :evil:

Post Posted: Wed May 04, 2016 9:22 am 

Mark D from Wyoming. Been dabbling for a while just got a little more serious got me some hog mats for my sluice and I'm striking out on my own looking to find what's been missed. Probably will strike out but when I can hunt bear at the same time I'm having fun. Nice to be here y'all

Post Posted: Thu May 05, 2016 6:15 pm 

Hey y"all My name is David I now live in south Ga but from Shafter Ca were I use to pan, sluice and help my grand pa with his dredge on his clain he had on the Kern river . I stumbled on Gold Hog when I was doing some looking about north Ga and luv his videos on prospecting up in the north Ga area . Im going to be orderin the Raptor 2.0 to go with my 2.5 gold king dredge my grand pa gave me . Hope to learn and meet some of you all out lookin for gold in the near future.

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 8:23 am 

Hello all
Teddy C from Massachusetts. I am green to this and have been getting pans and classifying tools together through the cold months. I purchased a bag of raw pay dirt to help me see and practice this technique of panning. In Western MA via google earth, I found a creek to start my adventure. Fine Placer gold has been found out this way so patience will be key. I love that stream sluice and with luck, will find something to give me the excuse to buy it. :lol: Good luck to all

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2016 6:07 pm 

TeddyC wrote:
Hello all
Teddy C from Massachusetts. I am green to this and have been getting pans and classifying tools together through the cold months. I purchased a bag of raw pay dirt to help me see and practice this technique of panning. In Western MA via google earth, I found a creek to start my adventure. Fine Placer gold has been found out this way so patience will be key. I love that stream sluice and with luck, will find something to give me the excuse to buy it. :lol: Good luck to all

Hey Teddy C Check out this thread from another gold forum. These guys mostly prospect in your general area and some may be willing to show you the ropes.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2016 3:23 am 

Hello,
My name is Paul, and I have gold fever...

I am in Colorado and have been a prospector from an early age. I have been at it 30 years. I prospect both Placer and Lode and have several claims here in Colorado. I am focusing on an 80 acre placer claim of mine this year that I have had for several years. The creek is dug in like a tic and requires a good amount of effort to reach it. I ain't getting any younger and I think this is the year that I am going to go all out and give it a good sample or three with a dredge. It has flour to fine gold. I am happy to be here and talk fine gold and recovery. Thanks. email me anytime.

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 12:45 pm 

Hello all!

Figured it was about time I joined this great forum.

My name is Terry Baker but I'm known as 'Salmon King' around my parts (which would be Whidbey Island, Washington).
I've beed a prospector for almost 45 years.
Got my start while stationed in Phoenix with the Air Force. Learned dry panning and metal detecting back then.
Now my partner and I prospect with a 4" dredge and of course all of the normal things a prospector aquires over the years. We try to get out there all year round in one form or another.
But man we're geting tired of prospecting all day for 15 pieces of flour gold apiece..lol.
The larger flakes and tiny pickers of Western Washington always seem to elude us.

Well..tha's me. Not much to tell is there? LOL
If there's any of you that hails from our area mybe we'll meet on the creek some day!

Post Posted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:17 pm 

Hi Terry
I'm on the East Coast but welcome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62  Next

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Introduce Yourself