Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Introduce Yourself

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next
 Post subject: Introductions
 Post Posted: Wed May 30, 2012 8:20 pm 

well, being such a friendly group, I figured an introduction thread should be made. Perhaps even a forum topic if admin would create it and move this to it. :idea:

Anyway, my name is Michael and I live in the great state of Texas. Not much gold here but we do go to new Mexico some. Only been into prospecting since Feb. so still quite the novice.
Glad to see GH start this forum. I have the scrubber mats and the ur mats in a homemade sluice but have my eyes (and wallet) on the Gold Hog all in one. I bet I have watched EVERY video at least twice and read every article on Gold Hog and believe in them without reservations.
Bear with me if I ask stupid questions :roll: but the best way to learn is to ask them 8-)
So welcome to the forum and I look foreward to learning from some of the best ;)

Proud to have served in The United States Marine Corps
There is no such thing as an EX-MARINE
LDMA
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #7 (SILVER)

Post subject: G'day from down under
 Post Posted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:52 am 

G'day all, iam from NSW Australia. Only been prospecting for about a year now really wish i would have gotten into it earlyer but trying to make up for lost time now :D
Have a few gold bering areas near me but i frequent one spot in particular as it has drive up and dig access and know alot of people who frequent there which makes for a great social outing as well as a day digging.
I have a metal detector but rarly get out to use it as the closer area are mainly known for the fine gold. I have a small highbanker which i have been modifying to try and suit my needs a small river sluice and an ever growing collection of pans. I love my wet prospecting but unfortunatly dredging is illigal in all states here in OZ so i can only dream of dreding the nice cool waters in the middle of summer :x so iam stuck digging ;)

Iam a member of a few Australian forums but this is the first Overseas forum i have joined. My main reason for joing was to thank Doc for posting so much information and hours of video. To me it was extremely interesting and entertaining :lol: I must say i was still sceptical about some of it until i one of the members on another forum ordered some matting and took it into the field to show us.
Well iam now a convert and have ordered myself some mats and will be getting rid of my riffles and miners moss and standard black matt.
So thankyou again Doc for posting thr results of all your resarch for us noobs ;) :D

Here are a few pics from some of our trips.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:13 pm 

Hi,
Been involved in the Au recovery field since 2005, been very interested in the invisible - & micro recovery range gold as the bulk of the gold out there is in that range and use the visible gold as kind of a marker that you are in the area were the small stuff may be in larger quantity than usual. The heavies that the gold cube & hog matts finally hang onto that don't look like gold are the goodies I am after ...

Blacksandsman

Post Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:11 pm 

Hello
I have been playing in the small streams around here about two years and so far have found small flakes in all them.
I hope to use this hobby for a early retirement less say 85 or so.
Doc. I have watch and read your site until my computer turns it self on when I walk into the room.
Waiting on the next video.

Junior

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:35 am 

My name is Tye i live in Central Iowa. In Iowa the only gold we have here has been brought down from Canada from glaciors. I've got the gold hog on the list of next purchase.

WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #4 (BRONZE)

Post subject: Re: Introductions...
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:34 pm 

Glenn here, not much on forums but I love the glitter of gold.(My Pretties) Been panning ten years in Alaska on the Kenia Penninsula on Mills creek. Moved here to be closer to the kids. When we packed out the movers left a lot of stuff behind, so all I had here was a backpack dredge and a bazooka dredge. Thats my excuse for having bought the GoldHog combo. I've had it out once and love it. I'm an older dude (retired Navy, retired FAA) but I love getting out especially if I find some color.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:42 pm 

Hello everyone. My name is larry I live in south central wyoming. I'm new to prospecting. This will be my first year. My dredge is full of GH mats. Just waiting for dredging season to start.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:20 pm 

Hi all from the wet side of the cold white north. :lol: I've been doing the desert in AZ for the last 2 yrs.
Yep - Snow Bird (on the island its mostly wet/drenched bird).
I have Desert Fox Wheel, Lobo metal detector, Folding Sluice Box with recirculation attachment, 2" sucker tube, Dry panner, 5 pans and a dog that comes with a quad. Note - Rudy says he's on snake watch!

Attachments:
Gard Dog On Duty_sml.jpg
Gard Dog On Duty_sml.jpg [ 119.8 KiB | Viewed 12102 times ]
 Post subject: Hello Friends
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:14 pm 

Mike and Sheri (64-61)here. Colorado and Wyoming. We live in the Denver area but spend much of or time at our cabin in southern Wyoming in the Snowy Range mountains. Love the outdoors and the hobbies that go with it. Fishing, Hunting, Camping, Gold prospecting and Metal Detecting. Some days just out photographing the Moose and Elk. Into Gold prospecting a couple of years, and belong to several local clubs along with GPAA. Orig. from Georgia and moved west many years back. Was in N. Georgia and the Alabama Gold Camp in December and plan to part time retire down that way in the winters as Colorado and Wyoming sure takes a lot of diggin' thru the snow during our winters just to find the creeks. Guess our favorite color!
Sure met alot of nice people since we got into prospecting.

Detectors:Tesoro LST, White's MXT, Minelabs Safari, Falcon
Gold Prospectors of Rockies, N.Denver GPAA, Eureka Detecting club,RMPTH-Loveland.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm 

Hello hello hello. I see there is a fellow Texan here as well 8-) . I'm a member of a few other forums, member of a few clubs, and avid dirt prospector. <---------- notice I said dirt, and not gold, I look for gold, but mainly dig dirt :ugeek:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 617 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 62  Next

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Introduce Yourself