Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker

Post Posted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:14 am 

which hose are you talking about? Pump Suction or Dredge Suction? The longer the Dredge suction hose, the more of a pain sometimes. The longer it is, the more rocks and water you are pushing. Have two suction hoses, one 20' and one 10'.

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:42 pm 

With the High Pressure pump on my 2-1/2" Dredge I've used up to 21 foot nozzle pressure hose (1-1/4") and 22 foot nozzle discharge hose (2-1/2") with the pump running at about 3/4" throttle. I wasn't sure it would work, but it worked great. I didn't flood out the sluice box either.
The only problem is if the stream you are in has a fast current, you're continually fighting the hoses from being pulled down stream at that length. I was a tired puppy at the end of the day from pulling hoses all day. I finally "anchored" them down with huge rocks so the current would'nt pull them down stream.

"I'm a Pessimistic Realist! I always have been! There's less disappointment that way."

Member - PLP (Public Lands for the People)
WAR HORSE DREDGER - Member #1 (GOLD)

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:51 pm 

Kodiak Charlie wrote:
With the High Pressure pump on my 2-1/2" Dredge I've used up to 21 foot nozzle pressure hose (1-1/4") and 22 foot nozzle discharge hose (2-1/2") with the pump running at about 3/4" throttle. I wasn't sure it would work, but it worked great. I didn't flood out the sluice box either.
The only problem is if the stream you are in has a fast current, you're continually fighting the hoses from being pulled down stream at that length. I was a tired puppy at the end of the day from pulling hoses all day. I finally "anchored" them down with huge rocks so the current would'nt pull them down stream.

Thanks for the reply. I went with your original 17'/ 15' configuration from rosewind. It took a few weeks to get here because of Jobe moving there warehouse. I got it setup to run for the opener on July 1st. I'd like to find a way to test it before though. Thanks again

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:25 pm 

Do you know anyone with an above or in ground swimming pool. I do a lot of testing of the equipment I build in my son-in-laws swimming pool. He doesn't know I'll be testing the float system for my 4" dredge in it in a few weeks! LOL! :lol:
By the way. Which pump did you buy?

"I'm a Pessimistic Realist! I always have been! There's less disappointment that way."

Post Posted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:31 pm 

A $10 kiddy pool is enough to test the suction out.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 am 

Kodiak Charlie wrote:
Do you know anyone with an above or in ground swimming pool. I do a lot of testing of the equipment I build in my son-in-laws swimming pool. He doesn't know I'll be testing the float system for my 4" dredge in it in a few weeks! LOL! :lol:
By the way. Which pump did you buy?

Just bought the cheap Champion 2" from Cabelas. Looking to buy a 4" float dredge next year so im already saving.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:05 am 

They are expensive too.

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker