Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker

Post subject: Raptor/Stacker or Viper
 Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:21 pm 

Ok ... I am in Southern Oregon in the Greenback district if that matters and have two creeks on my property. One that should be year round but is dry this year and one seasonal. Neither are very large but have promise, but considering no one ever mined the little one, I assume prospecting failed or got very limited results ... anyway, I have a bunch of large rocks and boulders in most of the digs I have done and have yet to find bedrock on the little creek. There is some water underground ... but with an electric pump it goes bye bye in 10 minutes.

I want something that I can use year round ... with a small bunch of water or running strong ... I have seen large gold from the rogue that would be missed in the stackers 3/8 classifier ... have not found anything remotely close to that on my creeks, but ... with that said what would be the best unit?

I am mixed between the stacker and the Raptor ... or is there another option I should be exploring.

Very green to this ... currently have a sluice box, two pans and a electric highbanker system for small runs, a bucket or two.

Suggestions are welcome

Post Posted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:32 pm 

Go with the viper. You can always scale it down BUT you can't go up!I live in Wisconsin we aren't supposed to have gold ether But we do not much but its there.So when you do come across some you have to go big!!!

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:48 pm 

sweaterkittens wrote:
Go with the viper. <snip> I live in Wisconsin we aren't supposed to have gold ether But we do not much but its there.

First southern Oregon has gold ... the local gas station is full of dredges passing through with their gold finds. We have neighbors who find it all the time ... so it's there ... just have to find it;-)

I like the go big idea, but at the same time we have a lot of small creeks to work and not easy access ... so while I agree big is better, I am leaning away from the stacker and to the raptor at this time ... but that may change as we get water moving again;-)

Post Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:26 am 
Site Admin

If you mainly work by yourself...... go with the Raptor Flare.
Small, lightweight, but can put 3 people in their graves if they run full out.
Go with the Honda 1.5" small pump.
You'll be thrilled.

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker