Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker

Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:07 pm 

In May 2014 I purchased Michael Judd's Gold Hog Stackable Unit after he purchased the Gold Hog Viper and had great success with it at Alabama Gold Camp. I did a few modifications per Doc's suggestions to the Stackabale unit. First, I removed the angled piece of aluminum located at the back of the hopper , so that water now pools in the hopper and flows smoothly down the skimmer tray. Secondly, I installed a 3" section of UR Mat and (2) 6" sections of The New Talon Mat in the top skimmer tray - under the hopper. The mat edge ends at the first slots where the water and dirt drops into the next tray. These were recommendations from Doc - cause I ain't changin' nothin' on any of his equipment without him saying to do so.
Doc also said it would be OK for me to do this as well - I also changed the hopper water intake pipe from 2' to 1 1/2" so I can use my 1 1/2" Hydro Force Nozzle with a North Star high pressure pump at the same time that Claudia Shovels dirt into the hopper.
I have been using a "Frankenstein Unit" that I converted out of a sluice box - added legs and a hopper box and of course Gold Hog Mats, that I was real happy with and did catch a fair amount of Gold and makes me proud to have accomplished such a feat - BUT,
Now that I have done a test run on this Gold Hog Stackable Unit and seen how easy it is to set up - operate - and what it can catch - I wish I had bought a Gold Hog Stackable Unit in the first place - 4 years ago. The following pictures are from a Test Run at home on 9/14/14 using about 10 gallons of dirt that I brought back with me from the trip to Alabama Gold Camp last May 2014.
WOW - I am just totally amazed and can't wait till Claudia and I go to Alabama Gold Camp - October 17th thru the 25th for AGC's October 18th Common - Good People - Great Fun - and Good Food and plenty of gold for everyone.
Guy

Attachments:
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 1.png
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 1.png [ 303.75 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 2.png
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 2.png [ 316.41 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 3.png
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 3.png [ 297.75 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 4.png
Gold Hog Stacker Stage 4.png [ 280.53 KiB | Viewed 2488 times ]

Please Visit My Online Store for Unique Gold Prospecting and Metal Detecting Merchandise.
http://zazzle.com/Big1011Guy*
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:49 pm 

WOW now that is gold hog mats doing there Job !! Thanks for posting this :)

WAR HORSE DREDGER # 3

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:54 am 
Site Admin

Great work.......... good post.

Post Posted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:39 pm 

great test
I got some New Talon Mat, I put in a river sluice going to test this coming weekend.... last weekend got away from me some how the older you get the faster time goes :D but I set aside two day to do some testing and video work hope it falls through

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker