Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker

Post Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:15 pm 

I just purchased the Stacking Highbanker, I do mining in Ghana West Africa and the clay content is very high. Since this unit comes with mats that are pre-selected and cut for the machine, will it make a difference on the type of mats that I run ?

I have tried the email support but they just refer me to the forum so I hope someone will be able to answer this question.

Also.... As far as the pump will the GHSH work with a 3" Gas Pump vs. a 2" Gas Pump or will I need to purchase a reducer for the hose?

I look forward to your input

Thanks

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:31 am 
Site Admin

HoneyCombME wrote:
I just purchased the Stacking Highbanker, I do mining in Ghana West Africa and the clay content is very high. Since this unit comes with mats that are pre-selected and cut for the machine, will it make a difference on the type of mats that I run ?

I have tried the email support but they just refer me to the forum so I hope someone will be able to answer this question.

Also.... As far as the pump will the GHSH work with a 3" Gas Pump vs. a 2" Gas Pump or will I need to purchase a reducer for the hose?

I look forward to your input

Thanks

Couple of notes... want to clear a few things up.
-------------------------------------------------------
We don't "just refer customers" to the forum for help.
You were referred to the forum from your first email prior to buying so you could understand what info we needed to help you. We need technical data and specs to help.
We sent you to this link:
http://www.goldprospectingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=2422
We never heard back before you purchased.
Just wanted to make that clear as it sounded like we blow people off which we never do.
Next...
Reduce the the 3" to a 2" AT THE PUMP.
Read this thread:
http://www.goldprospectingforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2472

Run the unit as it comes and don't over power it with water.
Check efficiency. You should be close to 98% with the unit as it comes.
(What's caught in the mats vs. what is in the tailings)

Doc

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:54 am 

Hey Doc,

Thanks for the quick reply. First I want to say that I definitely didn't feel like you guys were blowing me off.
I never replied back because I was unable to access the forum via the mobile network in the village I was mining in out in Ghana. I'm home (Arizona) for the Holidays and figured I would place my order, before I went back in the next couple weeks.
I did however have time to watch all the video you have on youtube which helped alot and that's why I just went ahead and placed my order for the GHSH.

From what I saw its the best machine for either prospecting or a Commercial Op with being the most portable which is what attracted me to this machine. The land I'm mining on has fine gold but it also has nuggets so my next question is should I place an order for a small piece of the miners moss and replace that where the punch plate sits or should I just stick with the punch plate set up as you have shipped it?

I have attached a picture of the nuggets

Thanks

Attachments:
20150805_183123.jpg
20150805_183123.jpg [ 349.29 KiB | Viewed 7250 times ]
20150805_150358.jpg
20150805_150358.jpg [ 254 KiB | Viewed 7250 times ]
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:29 pm 
Site Admin

Gotcha..... just want to make sure anyone reading this understands.
Kind of tough one.... I'm familiar with the area and the gold.
How will you be using the unit is my first question?
As a super concentrator for cons as well as prospecting and testing?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:50 pm 

I plan on using it to do prospecting and some small scale mining. After the excavator opens the pit and we are down to gravel I run a local washplant with a few guys and the excavator continues to feed the trommel.
I was planing on putting about 3 or 4 guys on it just running buckets non stop (DESTROYER MODE )for a few hours or as fast as we can go based on exchange rate. Once we do the clean out I plan on running it as a super concentrator for the cons from the GHSH and the Trommel (separate of course)

Last edited by HoneyCombME on Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:00 pm 

Wow. Thanks for sharing those pics. Any chance you could upload a vid of the mining process?

Post Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:57 pm 

au007 wrote:
Wow. Thanks for sharing those pics. Any chance you could upload a vid of the mining process?

this is my 1st video that I added to my youtube channel its short, but Once I get back out there I will have a lot of video so we can fine tune my gold hog machine. This is just the local washplant and we still make about 150 grams a day, I would love to find out how much we are losing in the tailings Im sure its above 40%

enjoy :D

https://youtu.be/cLCmMAa78Jo

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:11 am 
Site Admin

HoneyCombME wrote:
I plan on using it to do prospecting and some small scale mining. After the excavator opens the pit and we are down to gravel I run a local washplant with a few guys and the excavator continues to feed the trommel.
I was planing on putting about 3 or 4 guys on it just running buckets non stop for a few hours or as fast as we can go based on exchange rate. Once we do the clean out I plan on running it as a super concentrator for the cons from the GHSH and the Trommel (separate of course)

I see it as the perfect fit for running your cons from the plant.
Watch the video below.
Just don't over power the unit with water if running as a primary.
Maybe about 4000 gph and about 80% of your water should be going into the system.
I think I would run it as it comes.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:52 pm 

I see in the video you adjusted the header box by a few inches to have the cons run down into the next couple of trays. Should I place an order for the Cons Mat that you were using ? Also while Im possibly placing an order for that mat should I order the miners moss as well to replace the punch plate ?

Post Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

It comes with a con mat and we show how to run it on other videos.
You simply step back the top tray and run as shown in that video.
We call it the "full dump" mode.
We classify to either 1/2" or 1/4" and run at about 3000 gph.
Contact us via the website about the moss.
I have an idea.

Board index » Gold Hog Prospecting Forum » Gold Hog Stacking Highbanker